The AutosyncDB tool was developed by DreamTeam. Initially, it was created to solve the problems associated with updating the version of the database schema when updating the version of our products at our customers. In particular, it was necessary to ensure
- the ability to customize the synchronization of the schema for test and in production databases with the database schema of the new version,
- update the data of optional directories (predefined tables of dictionaries, states, catalogs, etc.),
- execution of preparatory SQL scripts before beginning comparison of database schemas and post-script SQL after the schema update,
- convenient and understandable installation of updates simultaneously on several databases on the client side,
- other features such as the ability to synchronize the schema with a file, not an online database, the update package as a "project", the execution of SQL scripts in the specified order, etc.
AutosyncDB is the second solution for the company in this field. It is designed without the use of SMO. The first solution was called DatabaseDiff and was used by us for earlier versions of MS SQL Server® 7 - 2000. However, the product from the utility was then not done.
We hope that AutosyncDB will be a reliable assistant for you and a good tool that will save your time and reduce unnecessary costs.